The Most Annoying Web Ad So Far


Has anyone ever come across the Ad pictured below?

It's an interactive Ad which compels you to kill a roach darting about the space in order to win an iPhone. When you move your mouse over the square space, the slipper or sandal moves with it and when you click to kill the roach, another page pops up advertising stuff as usual.


I'm not against creative and sometimes leading advertising like this but the visual of that roach darting about creeps me out. Fact is, I hate roaches and kill them anytime I see them with disgust and anger. This Ad almost made me want to smash my screen as the roach was getting on my nerves.

This has no doubt got to be the most annoying Web Ad I've come across so far.

Or am I the only one who sees this?

6 Screamer(s):

Myne said...

Atala also hates cockroaches and so I can feel your pain. I just find it funny, and sometimes I interact with those ads. My worst ads are those with automatic audio and no volume control!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who detests that advert. I hate all forms of creepy crawlies. I wonder if it's wrong to hate them since they are God's creatures.

Afronuts said...

@Myne...yeah...some of the interactive ones are fun, I agree. I feel Atala's pain, lol!

@Ani....you too? I knew it had to creep people out.

Ginger said...

I havent come across it and i doubt if it would creep me out.
I hate roaches so i will be happy to try and stamp them out. lol. hopefully it wont leave a splatter if i succeed. that's the yucky part...urgh

jhazmyn said...

lol, I see the ad every day and all I do is navigate to my target page.

It doesn't bother me so much though. Maybe bcos I'm a kpaki

Afronuts said...

@Ginger...Ah...you no dey too browse be that.

@Jhazmyn....lol, brave woman!